View Single Post
Unread 09/11/2019, 09:04 AM   #18
HumbleFish
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohreef View Post
Well regarding fish meds, here in Canada at least in Ontario all medications for fish are now controlled substances (I found this out a few days ago)ie fish stores no longer carry any med to treat fish except for the HERBAL crap that don’t work.. I guess I will be learning Tank transfer.lol. However I may be able to score some copper power..is this less toxic than cupramine and easier to remove from the substrate or r u recommending it only because it’s effective at a higher range and hence easier to test ... also will the Hanna checker be able to accurately read the concentration. Thank you
The whole Cupramine vs. Copper Power debate really comes down to personal preference. Copper is copper, and both get the job done. I prefer Copper Power because a) It has a wider therapeutic range so less chance of overdosing/underdosing b) Most of the fish I have treated with Copper Power seem to tolerate it well.

You might also be interested in this: https://www.reefcentral.com/forums/s....php?t=2697605

HumbleFish is offline   Reply With Quote