View Single Post
Unread 03/03/2016, 05:34 PM   #117
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnitzelReef View Post
Yea that's kind of what i had figured. Oh and to be clear, I am in no way complaining. I love my skimmer.

I wish I had done a little more research, I always assumed go big or go home when it comes to skimmers and what they are rated for. My display is 250g, and I have maybe 20 fish. (And they are smaller fish). I think I would have been better off going with a bubble magus....hahaha. Gotcha. No but seriously, I think a DC/SM 200 would have fit my tank better.

And I'm glad I posted this, hopefully someone reading this won't make the same mistake. Bigger is not better with Bubble King. These skimmers are no joke. I dose potassium nitrate weekly to try to keep my nitrates at 1ppm.

Quick snap of tank and skimmer

Good god.. Your tank is gorgeous and your skimmer looks like it's performing amazingly well given the size of your display. I wonder if your dosing has something to do with the skimmers performance given the light load??? I wouldn't expect that good of foam consistently given the skimmer size in relation to your load. I run mine wet so I don't see that kind of foam making it's way into the cup despite my heavier load. Then again, the Supermarin's are really great for wet skimming anyway.

I just took these now. This is about 5 days of worth of skimmate. Running at 37 watts and 8.5". Wedge pipe is just shy of 1/4 closed but again, this is the SM250 on a much heavier load.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote