View Single Post
Unread 08/07/2017, 03:41 PM   #2681
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Thanks Chasmodes! I do look forward to posting new pics, as soon as I have some meaningful progress to show. The macros are still growing but the seagrasses are still in a bit of a pause. I suspect now that it may have to do with my killing of the turtle grass. By pruning the blades, I was able to kill it without disturbing the sandbed, which was a big concern. Now I suspect that the dying roots and rhizomes may be adversely affecting the sandbed! How's that for irony! For now, I will wait and see. The grasses are not dying, so I'm hesitant to do anything but observe for now. I suspect that if I am patient, Mother Nature will come around and the grasses will bounce back.

Thanks for the compliment on my cabinet. I designed it myself and had a local cabinet maker build it for me. I've been very happy with it for more than ten years now. If I am lucky enough to build up another dream tank/stand some time in the future, I will be sure that everything below the tank is totally and completely impervious to water. Years of leaks, spills and floods have taken a toll on it, so I know that it will not last forever.

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote