View Single Post
Unread 06/28/2016, 02:05 PM   #28
lifeoffaith
Registered Member

Thank you all. Those of us who sit in luxury (even the poorest of us have it better than most of the world) owe it all to you all.

My experience doesn't equate even close to yours, but I used to suffer from mild forms of depression in the winter especially. Winters here in Michigan are pretty unforgiving. In the summers I had my koi pond (now we've moved so I only have small outdoor tanks that are more like cow troughs) and before my accident I had motorcycles. In the winter I tended to get bored easily and depressed. My wife and I have both noticed that I'm in a better mood in the winters because I can focus on my tanks. This past winter was a bit rough because I was downsizing to move, but this winter I hope to build my 90 gallon coral tank and in future years I hope to be building a 300 gallon FOWLR plywood tank. All that to say that this hobby has been greatly therapeutic for me, and I'm glad to hear that you all are getting some therapeutic help from it as well.

May we never forget the lives given and the sacrifice of those who have served in all of the military forces. God bless you all!

lifeoffaith is offline   Reply With Quote