View Single Post
Unread 07/12/2016, 07:48 AM   #29
itz frank
Gives Bad Advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcozad829 View Post
Long story short, I am a disabled vet, former light infantry and purple heart recipient. I was medically discharged in 2012 and have had a hard time with PTSD, adjustment disorder, and depression. There have been very dark days in my life since I have been out, I won't go into specifics but I can say there were times when I felt like ending it all, normally these times correlate to times when my disabilities flare up and I am in bad pain. It sucks being 27 years old and having to spend 1/2 the day in bed and the other half dragging my legs around as I walk with my cane . Depression has pushed me to the edge a few times and I have honestly thought at times "if I end it, who will take care of my tank?". In my life it often seems that things are completely out of control and that is when I focus on my tank because it gives me a sense of purpose and control. I just wanted to see if I am alone in this? Does anyone else use their tanks as a life saving therapy?

Thank you to you and everyone else here that has a bigger set of balls than I. I can't imagine what you've been through and what you're still going through.

I'm sitting at work and this thread brought a tear to my eye. I'm 30 myself. I've never been in combat. I've never enlisted. I've never even considered it.

But I want to thank you for doing something that the majority of us wouldn't even consider. Thank you for putting your life on the line so that I and others could sleep and have all the freedoms that we take for granted on a daily basis.

How about some photos of this tank and others?

itz frank is offline   Reply With Quote