View Single Post
Unread 10/31/2008, 08:31 AM   #85
1DeR9_3Hy
Registered Member

I do a lot of shipping through my local USPS, and i really think it makes a difference which location you use.

I live in a small town (<100 population), but work in metro detroit. If i send something priority from home, it adds a good day or two. If i get to the post office in the metro area, i can drop it off at 9 am and check it later that day and its already been shipped and processed at another post office 50 miles away.

What i am trying to say is, deal with a post office that is in a nice area and one that has A LOT of traffic. I use the one near the nearest the a largest malls in MI, it gets extreme traffic and because of this they are run quite well and rarely screw up.

I hope it never catches on, I like having the oldest tank on here and I don't have to worry about calcification, bio pellets, Vodka dosing, DSBs, Chaetomorpha (I don't even know what that is) Carbonite hardness and all of these other things many people worry about.

If I had to think about all of that stuff I would get a stroke.
My test kit came in a wooden box and the directions say to keep in a cool chariott.
I throw some food in the tank, wave hello to the fish and go out with my wife and have a nice glass of merlot with dinner.
Have a great day but most of all, have fun.

-PaulB

Current Tank Info: 27 Gallon DAS softy/fish reef
1DeR9_3Hy is offline   Reply With Quote