View Single Post
Unread 05/14/2018, 03:50 PM   #24
Rjukan
Day Dreamer

I hear you. I'm just going on personal experience with a 60g cube. I ended up using an audio equipment rack to attach to the wall, and then screwed my stand into that because I didn't like how much movement there was when you touched the tank. My stand is made for the tank, and has contact area with the floor around the majority of the base. Yours only has those little angle corners in contact with the carpet, and the horizontal pieces are just locked in with those round bits, not bonded like a stand would be.

I don't want to make a big deal about it, but I'm worried about that set up and I would hate to hear there was a problem down the line if I didn't say something. I'm sure someone in your area would be more than happy to help build a proper 2x4 stand with you, or you could rent a mider saw from Home Depot for a very reasonable rate.

As far as the YouTube videos of people using them, check to see if they have them attached to the walls, or that the whole rack system goes wall to wall. If you took the horizontal movement out of the equation, I bet they would work fine, it's just the idea of it free standing that is making me nervous.

I have young kids, and while they know not to lean on the tank, their friends might not. God forbid something happens when you're not looking, that was my reasoning when I decided to connect mine to the wall for added stability.

Current Tank Info: 60 gal Deep Blue cube, AquaC EV180, Kessil H80 fuge, A360WE TB
Rjukan is offline   Reply With Quote