View Single Post
Unread 09/07/2019, 01:11 AM   #1
ThRoewer
Registered Member

Two different anemonefish species in one tank?

I'm kicking around the idea to try two pairs of different anemonefish species in one tank. I think that it could work as long as each pair has their preferred host anemone that the other species doesn't take as host.
The species in question would be A. percula in S. gigantea or A. ocellaris in H. magnifica on one side and A. epigrammata in E. quadricolor on the other. The difficulty will most likely be that percula and ocellaris are too similar in looks to maroons, in the Amphiprion clade.
But my other anemonefish (bicinctus, latezonatus, and milii) are either not as host specific or take all anemones in question as hosts.
I'm kind of leaning towards giving the Sumatra maroons with a BTA and the Philippines ocellaris in a magnifica a shot as that would allow me to put my tiger jawfish in there as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 200 gal 4 tank system (40x28x24 + 40B + 40B sump tank + 20g refugium) + 30x18x18 mixed reef + 20g East Pacific biotop + 20g FW +...
ThRoewer is offline   Reply With Quote