View Single Post
Unread 03/05/2018, 04:39 AM   #19
JDT1234
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle99 View Post
Not sure if raising the MG raises the other two, never needed to go there. Maybe one of the chemistry people can chime in on that one.

I assume the dying has stopped?

I would say if you can do water changes and repeat those numbers above, that's not that far off, consistency is everything, if you need to dose up, the amounts should be real small, I may just do ALK, wait 10 minutes, test, to see if you can bring AlK up to 8, then when you get the 8, wait 24 hours and test again. The question is does the ALK hold and what happened to calcium....
Was gone for the weekend. It was two weeks Friday since all the water has been changed over I was told to stop dosing. Did my weekly 20 gallon change. ALK before change went from 7 down to 5. Did water change and ALK was still at 5. Did not come back up to 7 like I expected.

Will try and bring my ALK back up to 8 slowly like you suggest since I will be around this week to watch. Really didn't want to start dosing again but with ALK at 5 I don't see much choice.

No more fish deaths. That's good news I guess. That last Chromis out of the six is still hanging in there.

JDT1234 is offline   Reply With Quote