View Single Post
Unread 03/27/2012, 05:49 AM   #7
EddieJ
Premium Member

Thanks guys...

The good thing is that only 3 of the fish show any signs/symptoms of ich and none are in bad shape. They have all been eating and breathing fine. Wanted to get this parasite eliminated early as to avoid a serious infestation. I will definitely keep them well feed and watch the water parameters closely. I am going to bake some baking soda and mix with RODI for PH adjustment. Keeping ammonia and PH in check will be the challenge during Hypo from what I have read.

I know my coral banded shrimp is going to love these next 10 weeks, no more of the cleaning business LOL!! The triggers and tang would not leave him alone, relentlessly following him around the tank for a cleaning. I have had him 5 years and the poor guy never worked a day in his life. Maybe his antennae will grow back some now. They used to be very long until the triggers moved in. The male trigger would come up and take a nip at the very end of his antenna, sort of like a taste test.... Now my CBS is a pretty good size so I wasn't concerned about the trigger making him dinner....

EddieJ is offline   Reply With Quote