View Single Post
Unread 03/05/2017, 01:03 PM   #1
Piper27
I love bengals

Energy and pastel colors?

I have noticed a lot of the aquaforest users are not getting any pastel colors on their acropora like the aquaforest shop tanks get and like most zeo tanks get. I am sure a large number of their corals are newly imported and somewhat pale from that but still they get a more pastel look to all of their acros it seems. A lot of users tanks I see pictured have somewhat normal coloration with "average" rich colors. With the exception of Debora who is now on the aquaforest team I was told? It makes me wonder since she was the only person I can think of getting results like the AF team shows. Almost as if it was one of aquaforests tanks. I am very curious as to if anyone is getting that ultra low nutrient look using the AF product line.

There is not any product AF has out that is really good a pushing this coloration except for the energy which seems to have a small amount of copper sulphate in it. I do have a lot of fish and feed a large amount. I wouldn't think a high amount of nutrient import and export would cancel out the ability of copper sulphate to lighten acropora or does it?

Aquaforest, are you guys using more of the energy product than is recommended on the label to get these results? If not what do you attribute to the low nutrient pastel look you guys are getting? Besides just high par with t5 and low nutrients. I would appreciate a reply with any detail or thoughts you can provide.

Is anyone using more of the energy product than recommended on the label to get less zoox and pastel colors? Or anyone using any of the color enhancing products in a higher amount? If so show some pictures of your acropora please.

Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote