View Single Post
Unread 03/08/2012, 08:43 PM   #514
gbru316
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dread240 View Post
I literally already went that way btw, It's still sitting here next to me... a 6 channel spdi digital pot, all code written and working, just no real resolution when it came to dimming. If you go back further in this thread you'll see the prototype board for and arduino sketch already made up

Realistically I should have been done this ages ago, I'm probably the worst person for everybody to be waiting on considering how busy I am with work and travel right now. Nobody else really stepped up to make it though.

I am planning on testing a few things to see if I can save myself some headaches on these boards and using the arduino to trigger the mosfet to let the dimmer circuit pass through (basically passing 2 dc circuits through one conductor). The actual electronics assembly isn't my specialty, control systems are, but I have enough knowledge in this at least to get myself in trouble
I figured you'd thought of it already, you seem pretty knowledgeable.

No worries about lack of time. I'm juggling a full time job as an RF technician and college for my BSEE, and a wife, 4 dogs and home upkeep.

It's a shame you aren't local, I'd be more than willing to donate my electrical assembly skills towards the project. I spend 8 hours a day troubleshooting/soldering smd parts via microscope (mixed in with copious amounts of RC through the iPhone).

So basically, you're going to try to control dimmer current by changing the size of the MOSFET channel by varying gate voltage?

gbru316 is offline   Reply With Quote