View Single Post
Unread 09/02/2018, 07:03 PM   #2984
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman UK View Post
Hi

I have owned a supermarine 200 for around 8 weeks and am having trouble dialling it in.

I have a 1,600 litre mixed reef tank, quite heavily stocked. This was a replacement skimmer for my vertex Alpha which broke, and I ended up running my tank without a skimmer for around 6 weeks. Parameters are all fine, apart from nitrates which are around 50 ppt (worryingly high).

The skimmer is in 9 1/4 inches of water and set to 28 watts.

I have just returned from two weeks holiday to very limited skimmate (see Avast collection cup below):

Attachment 395298

There was a huge amount of mud like skimmate on the inside surface of the collection cup and top of the lid.

I have cleaned the skimmer and taken the photo below:

Attachment 395299

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob
How many fish do you have and what size?

Run it a bit more wet. That will increase the skimmate production. The fact that you had the mud like stuff in the cup and on the lid is a sign that it’s working fairly well. You just may want to run it more wet to reduce the buildup on the lid and increase the liquid in the collection device.

Do you have the ozone port capped off on the pump? If not, I would cap that off so it’s not drawing water through the port. I don’t think that is your issue but it will help generate a bit more air intake though the venturi. That or connect the red ozone tube and zip tie it to the wedge pipe as that will also increase air intake. I think you just need to do some fine tuning. You can increase the pump speed a bit. Bump it to 30 watts and see what that does. Then try 32 watts. That will make it run a bit more wet or close the wedge pipe some which will also make it run a bit more wet. If you bump the speed up, you may need to open the wedge a bit or even lower the sump level depending on how much your wedge pipe is opened or closed.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 09/02/2018 at 07:09 PM.
slief is offline   Reply With Quote