View Single Post
Unread 08/19/2009, 10:19 AM   #4
myst
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Patroklos
Which way do the floor joists run or is this on top of a concrete floor?

Looking at your room it seems that may be the only place you ocould put it. Another option could be on that wall behind your dinning room table, though I am not sure what those two circles represent.
Sorry, those two circles are bar stools, that wall is a granite counter separating the kitchen from living room. And it's a building, so that should be a concrete floor, correct?

Quote:
Based on my experience, you will be unhappy with the placement of your tank so close to a conversational area. The noise from pumps, skimmer and other equipment will become a real annoyance after a while. You'll be running your TV volume higher to compensate for tank noise... been there, done that...

A solution: Can you place your filtration equipment in a nearby but separate space and just run pipes to the tank? If you can do this, your choice would be an excellent location, IMO.

LL
This is exactly why I asked. I don't own the condo so I can't do modifications to walls and floors and such. I was thinking maybe a hidden compartment between the tank and the wall. But I guess the pumps and equipment would still be pretty loud. Hmmm...

myst is offline   Reply With Quote