View Single Post
Unread 01/07/2008, 10:00 PM   #12
Canadian
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CamBarr
Do you have any pics of your stand or can you post some pics. Also what did you use to paint the stand with white spray on paint or roll on??? did you use anytype of sealer???

cam barr
I'll take some pics tomorrow morning when there's some natural light. I painted the stand with melamine paint. I believe melamine paint is only referred to as such here in Canada and everywhere else it's called alkyd paint. Anyway, I bought a high quality melamine paint after putting 4 coats of crappy paint on the stand. So in total I put 7 coats of paint on with a high quality roller. If you decide to paint then I strongly recommend a high quality alkyd/melamine paint rolled on with a high quality roller (skimping here will only waste your time - 24hrs between coats - or simply frustrate you). The only reason I ended up painting this stand was because the original color of melamine I chose turned out to be a bad choice.

With all that said, if I was to ever re-build this stand I would just face it with PVC cabinet material. My brother works in a custom kitchen/cabinet place and this was what he recommended originally. I was dumb enough not to trust his expertise and now I wish I had.

Hope that helps. And I'll post pics tomorrow.

--- "mens sana in corpore sano" ---

Current Tank Info: SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless with Beananimal Overflow | 20 g Sump | Bubble King Mini 160 | Biopellets in TLF Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO | Vortech MP20 | Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser
Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote