View Single Post
Unread 12/28/2017, 06:47 PM   #3
zachrabbit15
Registered Member

Small update, ended up buying out the rest of a fellow reefers system. Kevin had a very successful 500 or so gallon system and all the equipment minus tanks and Skimmer came from him. He had been running CT Lites 270watt G3 leds, color and par were very good in his tank and convinced me to go that route also. Another plus is they use a standalone Bluetooth controller, that will free up the Apex to do other task. I will be running 5 over the 400 spaced about every 1.5". I was also able to buy another 100+lbs of pukani rock and 50lbs of shelf rock. That just leaves me with getting the tonga branch from BRS.

All in all tanks moving along faster than planned, but still going to take a bit to get floors done and stand welded up.

As for my fish list, wrasses/wrasses/wrasses/gobies/gobies/gobies/anthis/cromis. I like the look of a busy tank with lots of smaller fish schooling if possible and darting in and out of the rockwork.
As for big fish Maculcepis/Dusemira/Sohol/Clown tangs, pyramid butterflys treo, declevis butterfly, regal and goldflake angels. Those would make the short list

zachrabbit15 is offline   Reply With Quote