View Single Post
Unread 07/22/2017, 02:45 AM   #2662
HuskerBioProf
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZena View Post
Hi Michael,
My name is John. I have been setting up a 75 gallon reef tank. Long story short, the tank I was using had a small crack towards the top that made me nervous. I bought a new 75 and decided to make the old one my refugium. While researching I stumbled on some articles about keeping seagrasses in my refugium. A week or so of researching, i am hooked. Now I stumble here and I have a very old blog I need to catch up on. At this point my only question is thus. Can I keep a reef tank, stock it with coral and fish and at the same time keep seagrasses and do it successfully?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Some have done this, but it is so uncommon that it is hard to find good documentation. However, there shouldn't be many issues, theoretically. In fact, the tank I just set up is a 150 reef with a 55 gallon refugium (partly containing sea grasses). My tank has been up for weeks, so Michael is certainly a better reference when it comes to general seagrass experience.

HuskerBioProf is offline   Reply With Quote