View Single Post
Unread 01/08/2015, 12:11 AM   #14
Isaacs55
Registered Member

Thanks I appreciate it! After a long time and thought I'm actually going to have to take my stand apart and trim it down to a 40B tank stand, due to the fact that my landlord had told me I'm not going to be able to keep a 55 gallon due to weight issue's. It's an older home and the support underneath the house is a little sketchy for a 55g. He's actually a good friend of mine which i totally respect. It's mainly because his previous tenant had a water bed and destroyed the floor so he had to replace everything but didn't upgrade the supports.
S
So unfortunately I will be making it into a 40B stand which he said is fine. I won't have much to trim which isn't bad.
As far as the height of the stand for a 40B. I'm going to keep my height of the stand I have now, so I'll lose about 3" which is actually perfect! I thought my stand with my 55g was too too high sitting at 34" plus 20".
Here's a picture of the tank and stand when 8 put the 55 in my house.

Honestly I think a 40B will look much better here anyways. The 55 just looks too big for the spot I want it.
So I'll post pictures eventually of my 40B build once I have time to take it all apart and rebuild it.

Isaacs55 is offline   Reply With Quote