View Single Post
Unread 12/27/2017, 11:41 AM   #1
Editour2
Frank

Reef Tech LED lights for sale

Up for sale are 3 x 180 watt Reef Tech LED fixtures, (actually 4 fixtures in total...I am including an additional fixture for spare parts etc). These lights, (manufactured by a break away company of former Pacific Sun employees), are each made up of 60 3 watt Cree LEDs, (Royal Blue, Blue and Cool White). There are 4 LED boards in each fixture, (no lenses), for a total of 12 LED boards. I just replaced 5 of the 12 boards, (I had a spare unused board and I acquired a 4th hardly used unit from a friend). These lights have been over my tank since 11/28/11, at roughly 11 hours per day. That works out to approximately 24,000 hours, they are rated for 60,000 hours, (again I replaced 5 out of 12 boards with new or hardly used boards). There are currently two LED boards (which were not changed out) that have a couple of blue LEDs that are out, (need replacement). These units utilize MEANWELL Drivers, as such 4 drivers are included with this sale.

These 3 units originally cost me over $2500. They have all the bells and whistles; programming every minute for intensity, (3 independent channels), moving clouds, thunderstorms, moonlights etc. I ran these lights as follows: 25% white, 80% blue and 80% royal blue. I basically ran them as sunrise starting at around 11 am and sunset starting at 8pm, (ramping up and down from blue to full light and vice versa over a 2 hour period), moonlights stay on until around 1 or 2 am, (1%). I have random moving clouds programmed in and only 1 random thunderstorm.

The software for programming is on my laptop, (the laptop is NOT for sale). The software is non-transferrable and Reef Tech is out of business. It is very difficult to change the current programming so basically you will be purchasing lights that are pre-programmed.

Obviously current lighting has a greater variance of LED colors/channels so that is the reason I am selling these, (I just purchased new LED lighting). I supplemented the color spectrum by adding T-5's to my system.

I am looking to sell all 3 of these LED light fixtures, (1 set as Master and 2 set as slaves), for $350 and will throw in a 4th unit for spare parts/LED’s/boards/Driver, etc. That's less than $90 per unit, (they were selling for $850 each when new).

Pick up preferred however will ship at buyer's cost!!!! (Buyer pays shipping and insurance cost).

P.S. The Light Rack pictured is NOT included. I am located in Port Jefferson Station, Long Island.

MORE PICS POSTED (besides these 3).....SEE POST # 4 below:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reeftech Lights 1.jpg (40.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Reeftech Lights 2.jpg (47.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Full Tank Shot.jpg (82.2 KB, 69 views)

Current Tank Info: 215 gal DT, 125 gal sump, 40 gal refugium w/ATS, 20 gal frag tank, reeflo orca skimmer, Knop HD calc reac w/2nd chamber, BRS dual reac, dart rtn pump, 2x tunze 6105's on seasweeps, 2x jebao PP20's, 30gal QT, LED/T5 Ltg, 1/2 hp aqualogic chiller.

Last edited by Editour2; 01/18/2018 at 03:43 PM.
Editour2 is offline   Reply With Quote