View Single Post
Unread 01/15/2021, 11:36 AM   #769
Fiish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribfan View Post
Quarantine is an absolute necessity IMO. My brother in law just added fish to his tank and didn’t quarantine. Almost everything is gone now...ich.

What are your plans for a tank? You could probably do something less elaborate than my set up. I know some folks will just keep a sponge filter or two in their dumps and use those as cultured media when they set up a qt.

Another option is to just have a permanent quarantine tank and keep a couple damsels in there to keep the filter sustained. Kind of cruel to put the damsels through so much treatment though.
Well, I currently have a 79 gallon tank that continues to run after I lost my fishes last year. But I have not uninstalled it, and I'm getting ideas to configure the qt, I have several options, many say that it is not good to have the qt set, I'm only thinking of growing bioballs in the main tank and using them in the qt when new fish arrive. It doesn't fit much in 79 gallons anyway and when I'm successful with this tank I can start to think about a larger urn.