View Single Post
Unread 08/03/2007, 10:04 AM   #456
asnatlas
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by szwab
Shawn one thing you may want to look into before resetting your tank are the vertical supports of you stand. IMHO the vert. supports should always be under supporting the horizontals. When the stand settles. which they all do to some extent, the trick is for it to do this in an evenly. With the vert extending up past the horizontals they are essentially separate surfaces that may not move in unison with the rest of the stand top. This could create pressure points even with foam under the tank since your dealing with 5,000+ pounds. Not saying this was the cause but definately something worth checking in your process of trying to figure out why the tank failed.
szwab, I know what your saying but I have both, I have the verticals right along side 2x6s sitting on 2x4s... and in the corners I have a 3rd layer if you will while also doubling up in the corners on the other first to layers... I am not an expert stand builder but the stand seems overbuilt as it is, granted its not like others here on RC...