View Single Post
Unread 03/08/2015, 08:04 PM   #43
Deinonych
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaters View Post
Would Seachem Metroplex be a good remedy for a pretty bad case of Ich for multiple fish? The liver damage scares me, but I am a bit unsure how to proceed. Will this harm soft corals? I have a Foxface, Scopas, and Sailfin all exibiting the disease and are in major distress. Scopas not eating. Chromas look good, Wrasse showed signs but has recovered, hawkfish looks good, 1 clown died and 3 fighting it off, lawnmower died, scooter died, cardinal died, Chevron died. Pretty big disaster. The vendor says this can be added directly to the tank. Additionally, I have a lot of zoas and other soft corals. This all started after returning from vacation and the caretaker overfeeding (Nitrates through the roof). Still working on getting them down below 20ppm. (They were 60+ and I never experienced anything over 5 before) No spikes in Nitrites or Ammonia. Corals healthy. 2 Rose Anemones hanging on, 2 Oysters alive, 1 clam alive. I have done a 10, 20, and 30 gallon change in the past 2 weeks.. Currently doing 3 gallon water changes every other day at 1.024, 77 degrees. Also adding garlic to food and tank (2 drops).

In any event, opinions and recommendations are very welcome. Thank you.
Metroplex is metronidazole, which is not an effective treatment for Cryptocaryon. Not sure why Seachem advertises it as such. Furthermore, I would not dose metro into the DT as it will destroy the biofilter.

Recommended treatments for Cryptocaryon are TTM, copper, chloroquine phosphate or hyposalinity. I would recommend reading the other stickies in this forum for additional details on treatment.

Hope is not a strategy.
Display Tank: DSA 105 w/36gal sump/fuge · 2x MP40wES PHs · 2x Radion Gen2 · Apex w/PM2 · Fish · Corals · Rock · Sand · Water
Deinonych is offline   Reply With Quote