View Single Post
Unread 08/22/2018, 06:40 PM   #61
MHG
Registered Member

So today the DT looked like it was getting the start of Dino. ***.... Nothing from the old talk was used without drying out and being cleaned in vinegar. Inside the algae reactor looks like dino as well. Scrubbed all the rock down with a brush. Cleaned the skimmer. very dark green skimmate in the skimmer. Sump is spotless.

I am gonna adjust the light cycle but Its only at 80& for 4 hours. AND its one less kessel than I had before when I ran them all at 100% for like 8 hours a day. Regardless Ill go dark for a week. Its just fish right now.

Food is 1 cube every other day divided between the two systems. Now the FT is spotless but the algae blenny does a great job. Only 2 fish in the FT but the same amount of food . Auto feeder is only one tumble a day. so a pinch of pellets.

My P04 is zero in both. Nitrates spiked up to about 2.5 in each system after I cleared my algae reactor. The cheato died the second time around in both tanks. The new batch is growing fast so hopefully than will bring them down. Gonna do a big water change this week as well.

Its frustrating when both systems are mechanically similar and the same age and same food and same maintenance. The DT does have a UV sterilizer. Was hoping to see an improvement on general issues.