View Single Post
Unread 07/30/2017, 08:52 PM   #25
bcheriyan
Aqua99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jda View Post
I am no fan of LEDs on anything but the easiest SPS (montis, birdsnest, poci) and Clams, but they are pretty reliable if you do not totally cheap out. I would ABSOLUTELY keep that Hamilton in an instant rather than move to LEDs - I currently use all MH and feel that LEDs are still not even close in pure performance. However, burnouts are not a huge deal in totality. All of them will have a few diode failures and might need some work - heck if you ran 100 MH bulbs, one of them might fail in two years. The fixtures with US-based warranties have pretty good customer service (heard this, don't use them anymore) and will probably be aOK for you. I would also not let a few disgruntled folks ruin your opinion of a fixture - more people log on to complain than to give praise.

They all seem to have huge issues with the cases/lenes getting brown/black from UV light and dropping off and needing work. I don't think that anybody is immune to this.

One of the locals did take his MH bulbs out of his Cebu sun and put 3x Radions in the place to run with the T5s. About five or six months later, the MH bulbs were back on and Radions were sold, but it was a cool idea.

Thank you, I wanted to keep it but the maintenance is high .. every 6 months replace 3 MH and 4 t5's