View Single Post
Unread 01/09/2009, 01:30 AM   #119
Kenmx10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tech Diver
Using DecoPlanner and assuming a SAC rate of 0.85 cu-ft/min and EAN 30, a dive to 110' for merely 13 minutes would exceed the capacity of your 60 cu-ft tank. This includes a 1 minute stop at 30' and another 1 minute stop at 20' (which really is not long enough since it takes at least 2 minutes for one complete cycle of your circulatory system).

Using the "Rule of Thirds", a maximum profile for a 60 cu-ft tank would be 6 minutes at 110' with a 3 minute stop at 20'.

I can't imagine why the instructor would choose to take you down with such little gas supply.
The dive was the Eagle in Key Largo. It was actually 106' . Actual bottom time 19min. 3min stop at 20'. Tank almost dry. Everyone else had 80's. It was the last tank filled with Nitrox . I guess the Charter service was too lazy to fill another. I should have refused it. But It was the last tank with 30%O2, and Nitrox was one of my credits for ADV. Open Water. My instructor didnt know till we were on the boat and out to sea. My uwatec is air Integration, so she said to keep an eye on it and leave some air in the tank.

Kenmx10 is offline   Reply With Quote