View Single Post
Unread 05/19/2017, 07:28 AM   #1
sonofgaladriel
Shiny!

Mistake to order 3,4 magnifica at once?

Hi Guys.
I've been looking for a healthy magnifica for a very long time. We just don't get many here locally and if we do, they are either sickly or way overpriced.
Well, I finally found a source for what appears to be some healthy magnifica AND they have 4 different color base variations, at a very reasonable price.
They have sent me photos and they all look great after 10 days at the store. They are about 6" to 8" in diameter, mouths tight, fully inflated, foot well seated, feeding responses, with no signs of deflation/inflation issues.
To add even more temptation to the mix, they will drop the price significantly if I order a couple at a time. This also helps evenly distribute shipping costs as its the same whether I order one or five. Hope to do airport to airport, shipped moist.
So, my question to you is:
Do I take advantage of this situation and get what I have always wanted, a healthy magnifica of each possible base coloration, likely 3 or 4 of them, at once?
I will get 3/4 separate 10 gallon quarantine stations ready for them just in case and will get the cipro on hand prior to their arrival.
My tank is a 150 gallon (50"x50"x14" tall with a 40 gallon sump) anemone specific reef, set up just for these anemones in mind.
Rockscape is shallow and each nem would have its own rock bommie to roost on, putting it about 4" to 6" below water surface. I have a lot of flow from 4 various powerheads (koralia, jebao).
I have two Kessil A360WE's and a 150 watt DE metal halide, and a 165 watt black box LED over the tank at this time. Tank is bright. I plan to eventually move to 4 A360's when the budget allows.
Mistake? Go for it?
Thanks for the advice.