Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 09/03/2019, 06:00 PM   #1050
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Thanks Kevin! Day 6 and it's still working. Woo!

Definitely the most effort I've put into quarantine, ever. Something had to give. It's awful to lose fish to illness and it was happening way too much. So I went to work researching. I made some good progress with the last Tuxedo Damsels and that was encouraging. I knew that the Allen's Damsels would be a real challenge, with their propensity to contract Uronema.

Uronema is a bit like Dinoflagellates. There's not a lot of consensus on what works and what doesn't.

To answer your question, I medicated the food. Metroplex, Focus (which binds the medication to the food), and Garlic Guard (to make it all taste good, so they eat it). The food was frozen mysids and cyclops.

I was feeding almost every two hours, the first two days, because I worried they'd lose their appetites. I'm still feeding it now (less frequently), and will for another day or two, depending how long this last batch lasts.

With the last water changes, I've got the QTs down to hypo salinity, to ward off ICH, and to ease their osmoregulation burden. I'll keep a sharp eye on them in the coming weeks and try to fatten them up, before introduction. I'm really looking forward to it!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote