View Single Post
Unread 09/11/2016, 05:35 AM   #95
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

brett, so far I'm very happy with the quality of the CadLight Artisan set up. I think it's every bit as good as a Red Sea and there are a couple of features I like way better.

So yesterday I took the next step in my refugium tank build. I have the glass all set up and clamped in place the way I want it. So I cut 4 very square cornered blocks of pvc and used a dab of caulk (not silicone) to stick them down in the bottom glass only and tightly into the corners of the tank. I use caulk because it's way easier to remove the blocks later than if I had used silicone. The blocks set the alignment of the glass sides to the edge of the bottom glass.

I also ran the drain line from my in stand drip/splash/leak tray to an outside wall and out of the house. Should my sump ever overflow (and it shouldn't) or any of the inside the stand plumbing leak, the tray will collect it and protect the wood stand. If it gets more than 2" deep in the tray, it will exit by bulkhead and run out onto our patio. This is the back side of the stand where the bulkhead exits the stand.

The two pvc pipes in this photo are the chiller pipes going out to and in from the 1hp chiller in the backyard. The black hose is the drip tray drain that is just gravity fed so it needs to stay low.

Once the new cabinet with an ATO and the display refugium are set, I'll use white pvc panels to box in the pipes on the floor and up the wall. I'll probably even make a small pvc shelf unit to sit on the boxed in pipes just to utilize all the space.