View Single Post
Unread 12/03/2017, 11:48 AM   #1
jc-reef
Registered Member

Rimless vs Euro brace - pros and cons with maintenance?

I'm looking for feedback from hobbyists with personal experiences owning/maintaining rimless tanks.

I took a break from the hobby for about a 1.5yrs after a 2nd tank fail (2nd time was a Marineland 300DD silicone seam fail). I have finally decided to give it one more go! I have purchased a brand new custom 74" x 34" x 22" - 3/4" glass rimless. I like the way the rimless tank looks. But at this point in my hobby I am more concerned with practicality. I plan on covering the top with a screen (as I have done with all my tanks - keeps my fish in). I'm really concerned about rimless tanks creating a constant mess with splash over...I usually run a SPS dominated mixed reef tank with lots of flow. I still have a opportunity to have a 2" euro brace lip which will act as a functional splash guard. Is this a good move?

Please comment on your personal experience with rimless tanks and the overall pros vs cons with maintenance?

Thanks!
Jason

Current Tank Info: 300gal DD upgraded from 90 gal Mixed Reef Powered by T5 / LED
jc-reef is offline   Reply With Quote