View Single Post
Unread 11/01/2004, 01:15 AM   #116
madmac
Registered Member

Update: Lost the Regal

Hi, I lost her last Wednesday. She was starved and very week and was kept being taken in by the power head.

10 days earlier, I had to put her into a QT as my main tank was losing its water parameters... from there on, it was downhill. For those of you who are contemplating one, an injured Regal is definitely challenging one as the fish is more sensitive (adding to its already shy nature) to everything(environment, other fish and even humans).

Moreover, I would add (to the earlier posts) that the fish won't do quite well in a QT, where I was able to get her to take some pallet food (after like 6 days or so) in the main tank(& this was way after all other fish/shrimps had their fill... hence the worsening of my water parameters), it was different in the QT, I just wasn't able to create another environment like my main tank.

I think I could have eventually saved her at the expense of my Main tank, but unfortunately, that wasn't to be the case. I had got her for SGD$10 and I'm sure the LFS had written it off, but in the process have spent more than 10 times that amount to savage her. Speaking about $$$ here, but I think the wiser thing to have used the money for a healthy, hearty fish... much more could have been lost, yes. That was a damn beauty... maybe on another occasion.

I spoke to the LFS, who told me that the fish I got was from Medan, Indonesia. Yes, even though it was yellow belly/chested. He told me that the Red Sea varietal, has a shorter body length than the ones from Indonesia. I kinda prefer the Red Sea type for its shorter body, think its proportionally more beautiful and I heard it also more hardy.

Best to all, mm

madmac is offline   Reply With Quote