View Single Post
Unread 03/04/2009, 04:30 PM   #196
Tswifty
Registered Member

Yeah I guess I hear you on the "culture" part, but still would consider it a step removed from aquacultured. Since it's still being grown in a natural environment with regards to water/lighting/etc.

As far as the question... They may have larger pieces in that section, but I usually only see frags for sale there... and that's also the section where they sell ORA frags, and some other name brand aquacultured corals as well.

You'll have to let me know how that digi does. I hear they are really finicky and hard to keep the true color. I really want one, but would hate for it to brown.

I can't really push a wave, I only have about 1" to play with... however, I could get some short or longer pulses going. I'm going to give the lower ReefCrest setting a shot, and see how the corals respond for a week... then probably make another adjustment.

I'm in the same boat with the camera as well, my P&S is ok for close up shots, but I can't seem to get any nice shots with the 22" depth (front to back) in the new tank.