Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 08/23/2019, 04:36 PM   #1030
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Yes, I still have the sargassum. It was easy to miss, as the Petticoat algae overran it. I pruned it back a bit, to give the sargassum more light. There are actually two of them growing from the rocks, in different places. I'm hoping they'll grow taller at some point. I think that since they're at the dim end of the tank, it's going to take some time. I'm definitely keeping an eye on them. The larger one put out some spikey-looking things recently, so I have hope something is afoot!

Well, the reef cleaners order was a mixed bag at best. Again, they sent plants that were not what I expected. Chlorodesmis is what they called it. What I got was a wirey moss-like macro, that does not move in the current, like Chlorodesmis does. But it looks OK enough to keep. I'm actually more interested in a hitchhiker plant it came with - Neomeris Annulata, I think. This one looks like a cross between Codium and Maiden's hair. It grows like a turf, but is thicker and spongey, like codium. I've placed a few clumps of it around the back wall.

Good to hear from you, Dawn. It's been pretty quiet on your end lately. You got something cookin' over there?

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote