View Single Post
Unread 01/09/2015, 09:21 PM   #18
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger334 View Post
You can search Google UK and you will find much more information. Or how about some UK magazines, some UK retail sites, or aquarium professionals?

No, TMC uses far less resources to attain the same PUR of US manufacturers. (12-30 watts vs. 120-300 watts) Who's producing more PUR per watt. Not to mention operating cost long-term.

Do a little homework and you'll find them. Really the first results in Google shows some great growth from AquaRay. Check out National Oceanography Centre in London using AquaRay LED Lighting. That's results.

Debating is using facts and you guys are missing the facts and the tone you take when writing your responses tries to make others feel like they don't know what they are talking about.

LEDs are such a new tech, you want a warranty. I'm sure this is why it's in the comparison chart. One LED fixture fails when it's out of warranty and it's an expensive fix. Anyone could have just purchase a little more expensive LED and saved the extra cost of a replacement LED, save money in the long run. Warranties are huge for this tech and 5 years completely beats out the 1 to 2 year cheap warranties we have. How many times do we hear about LEDs burning out in the fixture. All the time!!! TMC provides a whole fixture replacement all the way up to 5 years. The valve of $$ is huge and it's a insurance.

You're also missing all the other important tech in TMC, some of which is patented.

Warranty Support! How about the people who sell the AquaRays in the US!!! Im sorry sir, but you don't know what you are talking about here. Including that these are just Nano lights. You are not understanding the tech of the AquaRay.

Here's a US on-line retailer of AquaRay with a very good reputation for product support.
http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/LEDLights.html

Here's right from there selling page:
"Warranty for 5 years on lamp/emitter unit (which generally is with the NEWEST version of the fixture) and 2 years on the power supply
Most other Aquarium LED units are ONLY 1 or 2 years and even then, these have to be returned for lengthy repairs while we generally provide a brand new replacement LED fixture IMMEDIATELY!!
NO OTHER AQUARIUM LED SELLER MATCHES OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
You will not get this customer service from any of the parasite retailers such as those in Canada using our hard work & research to sell AquaRay Lighting with no product backing or knowledge."

This is not a factual debate, this is just people throwing around their misinformed opinions.
What?? Misinformed opinion? The company you linked to doesn't accept phone calls as noted in their FAQ and doesn't even have a number listed.

"WE APOLOGIZE for any inconvenience not having a direct phone line may cause. HOWEVER, the costs in employee time alone results in business losses. On top of that, not having a written record for technical issues could result in fraudulent charge backs and this results in CONSIDERABLE financial losses!!.
Part of the reason for no phone service is a considerable amount of calls we have taken went on to ask questions that lasted 20 or more minutes, which were already in our extensive articles. There has also been calls, which have become verbally abusive to our employees. "

That's just brilliant! Great way to support customers! LOL

Everything is handled by email. No advance exchanges but you can buy another unit and get a partial reiumbusement. A longer warranty is great but if I can't get ahold of a person by phone, I'll sacrafice warranty time for quality of support in conjunction with a North American company that actually answers their phone.

Bottom line, I can't afford to be without my lights for days at a time let alone play circle jerk with a company on support that can only be reached via email communications. I run a computer manufacturing and distribution business and know the value of support so you my freind are preaching to the choir. I would not do business with any company that doesn't have a phone number. If I ran my business the way this company does, I'd be out of business.

If these lights were so great and this distributor was as well, this wonderful support that you preach of would be backed up with a live body who answers a published number and uses excuses as to why they don't.

If I didn't know better, I'd guess you have some vested interest in this product or company.

I am however sorry for my tone..

I am also not questioning TMC's quality. I ran their commercial UV for many years and it was a very well built unit that was very similar to the AquaUV Classic design. Like I said, they make decent stuff but their (TMC) US page doesn't list contact info and the company you mentioned doesn't have a phone number per the FAQ and won't take calls. Not a great way of doing business if you ask me.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 01/09/2015 at 10:14 PM.