View Single Post
Unread 10/09/2008, 07:09 PM   #84
spankey
Registered Member

I was hoping to add to this thread my shipping experience's. I have used UPS, and FedEx and usually next day is very costly. I have had frags damaged with both shippers. My buddy used to work at UPS and admitted that they will throw boxes across the shop and boxes would be dropped numerous times before delivery. Maybe they have since cleaned up the procedures but he was appalled at the way some people treat packages.

I have been since shipping via USPS Express. Its touchy on next day due to if the receiver is near an airport but most zip's qualify for next day express and it's at least half or more the cost of UPS or FedEx or DHL. Plus I notice when I drop the packages off at the USPS they get hand handled into a bag. The person told me that the Express packages are handled by hand, NO conveyors and such to climb and get bumped around. I have shipped over 50 packages via USPS express and only one has gotten re routed due to weather. All other packages got there on time and in perfect shape! I have shipped all seasons too. Mostly SPS and we all know how delicate SPS is.

I even ship in the U-Line perishable boxes. The USPS system allows shipping of cold blooded animals and I say they are snails. Never once had a second question asked!

So with that being said, I have seen allot of people trash the USPS system, but for the bang for the buck to the receiver and as long as the zipcode qualifies, you can't beat it. In my mind I would much rather pay $35 to ship next day if I am buying vs $70-$90 via UPS or FedEx and still get the same result. I have even shipped 10 frags weighing in at 4 lbs from PA to CA and it got there next day in perfect shape for $40!!!!!

Just my 2 cents!

On a restocking Frenzy ;0
spankey is offline   Reply With Quote