View Single Post
Unread 11/02/2017, 01:52 PM   #7
reefgeezer
Registered Member

The tank is running pretty well. I have no issues with phosphates. I run about 1/8 cup of High Capacity GFO in a small reactor with <100 GPH going through it, but the last time I changed it was 2 months ago and phosphates are staying around .04 ppm. Nitrates have also bottomed out. They show 0 ppm per a new Salifert kit. I do have a little hint of green turf algae showing up on the rocks that keeps the Cole Tang fat & happy, and a very slight bacterial bloom that keep the water slightly cloudy. I think that might account for some of the nitrate reduction.

I don't have anything consuming alk or calcium, not even coralline since I started the tank with acid bathed rock, so those levels are remaining stable. If I never have any coralline I'd be happy! I have the rock stacked & secured with epoxy to make a lot of surfaces to accept corals. My first coral, a cheap Zoa Colony) was placed in the tank a week ago. It's doing fine. The plan is to have Zoa's, Blasto's, and a bunch of SPS in the tank.

Here's a closer picture of the rocks... kinda old school, but I like it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tank - Rocks 11-2-17.jpg (49.6 KB, 529 views)

Current Tank Info: In-process, 90 Gallon SPS Reef

Last edited by reefgeezer; 11/03/2017 at 03:49 PM.
reefgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote