View Single Post
Unread 12/05/2017, 02:11 PM   #9
NS Mike D
Registered Member

Sump is up and running. I need to add a sump float switch to turn off the pump if the water level drops so that I don't flood the DT if the siphon breaks. Also, I still need to test that the sump can handle the back flow with a power outage. I also have figure out a way to resume the over flow if there is a power interruption.

I am pretty sure I will need to add an overflow box on the outside of the tank and plumb the line to that. Heck, it's only pvc

Edit Update: 7 hours and no failures. Tomorrow I will get a flow switch for the return pump and acrylic to fabricate the outside over flow box. I'll also need to put a divider in the inside weir to prevent the CPR pump from breaking the siphon for overflow in case the water drops below the weir intake in a non-power interruption event. Additionally, I am really loving the additional flow that is keeping the detritus and cyano suspended and off the sand bed. Water is crystal clear, and even thought it's only been a few hours, the corals a lookup very happy.

https://youtu.be/PUtLwwTX1CE

Last edited by NS Mike D; 12/05/2017 at 08:57 PM.
NS Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote