View Single Post
Unread 06/19/2012, 07:38 PM   #707
Dustin1300
Reefaholic

Sorry for the lack of updates lately guys but a new role at work has been keeping me really busy. Not a lot has been going on....I was starting to get algae growth on rock and losing color in my coral and my Hanna Checker was reading 0.00 ppm and all other params were in check. Decided to pick up a Hanna Ultra Low Phosphorous checker and found the number to be 28 ppb (.0797 ppm) and have since cut that in half. Just put an order in for four more pounds of GFO and some more reagents for my Hanna Checker.

I just had a friend (architect) come over and look at my wall and see if he believes it was load bearing and he thinks it is. Going to see if anyone in my club is contractor or has been one in past and can give me a recommendation so I can get walls torn out before moving tank downstairs.

On the stand, I've decided to build up a wood platform to help displace the weight on the slab rather than on the 2 inches of steel. I've also added gussets and additional horizontal tubing to ensure I don't have any deflection. I've had an architect and a couple structural engineers, tank builder, and several other forums/RC to ensure I'm good and I feel comfortable moving forward with design. Just sent off the cuts to have the steel cut, not sure on the turnaround but I have plenty things and money to be spent elsewhere

All red pieces are additional steel I'm adding.

Check out my tank in the Large Tank Forums, "A Reefaholic's 1000+ Gallon Mixed Reef System Build"!

Current Tank Info: 600 Gallon DT, 140 Gallon Grow Out Tank, 125 Gallon Sump, 90 Gallon Fuge, 200 Gallon Fish QT, 15 Gallon Frag QT
Dustin1300 is offline   Reply With Quote