View Single Post
Unread 09/17/2007, 07:05 AM   #21
Husky_1
Premium Member

Southernboy,
I did not make the stand and hood. When I originally wanted this shape of a tank, my intentions were to make one because I did not like most of the "stock" combo's that I have seen. However, no used tanks came up for sale, and I happen to be in Exotic Aquatic the day before their sidewalk sale. I got a phenomenal deal that I could not pass up on this setup.

Craig,
Glad the new picture helped, as you can tell I did move a few rocks around, particularly on the very edges, I moved it in, just enough to get a magfloat or cleaner in.

The temp of the tank is pretty stable right now. I have to check again with lights off. My temp with lights off is 78, my temp with lights on is 77.5. It looks like my evap rate may be high so I am going to experiment with knocking the fans down to 9v and see how this affects everything. In the end I want the temp to be stable. In the event that this is not possible, I would rather have the tank go up 1/2 degree during lighting periods so that my evap is lower. I do also plan on buying one of those 10g buckets like SirJohn found instead of the 5g for my ATO as well.

Husky_1 is offline   Reply With Quote