View Single Post
Unread 10/13/2004, 10:47 AM   #84
madmac
Registered Member

sickly regal angel

I have been looking for such a fish since I saw the Reefkeeping's September TOTM. I fell in love with it and have been trying to acquire one since. (-- John Copps, those are very nice pics and what a sight to behold!)

Finally, I chance upon one last Saturday...saw it fed dried prawns... the fish was covered with white fluffy fungus and it had a 2mm hole on the right cheek and also 3mm hole with fungus, left side of body somewhere in the centre. The fins was covered with fungus and the end tail was half rotted off... the bottom tail, just under the end tail was also half gone.

The eyes are bright and the fish seem alert. Her gills were also breathing quite steadily.

I released her after a 5 min dip in fresh tap water, pH treated. She didn't take long to find a place of refuge. On Sunday, Day 1 after I have acquired her, all the fluffy fungus is visibly gone from the body and the tail... what is left are the holes on the cheek and the body and some scares...

Day5, because of my day job, I'm unable to look out for the fish during the day... she does not come out until I've left, and most times after I return, the fish would be at its hiding place, right smack in the back centre of the tank. I'm told by my wife that the fish comes out only after I've left...darn! She remains most times on the outside. Some portions of the tail have started to grow... it grows fast but still not complete.

I'm unable to feed her, or rather she's not taken to food. I've tried fresh prawns, pallet and flake food and nori. My NO3 I think would have gone up as I've overfed the tank in hope that she'll take to some food.

I'll be prepared to try anything to treat her especially to get her to eat... the only thing I not prepared to do is to take her out of the tank as I find that it gives her comfort. I'll be changing some water tomorrow after work to make sure that the water is in good condition. Thanks to all in advance of your reply.

mm

Ps : the pic was taken on Day4

madmac is offline   Reply With Quote