View Single Post
Unread 04/05/2005, 09:55 AM   #61
sammiefish
Registered Member

Man, "that sucks" is right! If it were me, I be tearing someone a new as@h#$e. You rented 2 BC's both of which failed... putting both of you in a potentially VERY DANGEROUS situation. On top of that, the equipment failure likely caused you a financial loss as well as opportunity loss. What the heck... all you ever hear from the dive shops is "be sure to have your equipment serviced" and in the case of the shop you rented from... they are obviously not following the rules. What is the name of the shop you rented from? What, if any, certifying agency are they affilliated with? I would absolutely not stand for that!!! Have they already agreed to compensate you for your losses, did they charge you for the rental? It would be interesting to watch "the compensation" had one of you been injured or killed due to that equipment failure! You seem like you are taking this pretty well.

Would you be willing to share the name of the operation that provided you (for a fee) the rental of 2 BC's, both of which failed on the same dive? Of course, if they handled the situation in a professional manner to your satisfaction please dont name them here. Regardless of how they handled the situation I would think twice before renting from them again. And of course, you made it through another "situation". Remember, what doesnt kill you, makes you stronger. Do you think you were "set up" with defective BC's as part of your training? While I understand the methodology, if that was the case, in my opinion, that would be highly unethical and dangerous.

Its crap like that that gives good dive ops a bad name.

Sincerely,
Chris
PADI Divemaster

Last edited by sammiefish; 04/05/2005 at 10:29 AM.
sammiefish is offline   Reply With Quote