View Single Post
Unread 04/11/2018, 03:34 PM   #5
gtareef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvareef View Post
OMG! I lost 70% of my SPS last April and could not figure it out. Anyway, about 10 months ago I noticed the wet side keeps falling off every time I turn on the MP, but I did not know that the magnet popped and could not spin. Some colonies I had for 8 years started to stn, which I find weird because I know they are hardy. Anyway, now I noticed two more QD are doing the same. FYI, two of my 6 years old tunze are still running fine with little maintenance.

I called Ecotech and asked them about the quality and if anyone have complained about the rusted wet side. They told me no, and since my wet side is over 1 year they will not honour the warranty. I am ok with that, but if I spent $500 for a pump, I would expect it to last more than 2 years.

I owned about 8 MPs and have always recommended them to local reefers. I'm very disappointed in the quality.

Current Tank Info: SPS Dominated Reef Aquarium
gtareef is offline   Reply With Quote