View Single Post
Unread 04/27/2012, 11:40 PM   #14
fla2341
Registered Member

humaguy: I had a pair in 88-89 and they would also spawn. I always heard way back then you couldn't keep two angelfish in the same tank or they would kill each other. The big question I had was "then how do you get little angelfish?" I bought two small ones as well as 2 small keyhole (Centropyge tibicin) and put both sets in a 55 gallon tank. Ya know what happened? I got two pairs of angelfish. Both in the same tank. Together! Who knew. Stay tuned I'm sure more ups and downs and changes will follow.

Clownfishfan: I've read those (or simlar) accounts as well. I've wondered what role sunlight might play in the development. They are blasted most days with full on bright sunlight and being in the uttermost top layer of the water column they must get a LOT of UV. I'm going to think on this and if this next run goes the same way I'll try changing things to add natural sunlight into the equation. I try run at least three trials of any given method before I change things. Two of the same results can be coincidence but three can be the begining of a pattern.

Just collected a new spawn of 100+ eggs.

I also looked in on the 6 DPH and all were dead - no abnormalities.

The batches I've collected the past few nights were also all dead with the larva looking deformed with bent spines and some had bloated abdomens with what looked like double oil globules. I should have taken a pic but being tired I just washed everything with bleach and set it out to soak overnight. I hope it dosen't happen again but if it does i'll post pic so the information/pic will be out there.