View Single Post
Unread 09/21/2019, 04:09 PM   #18
ThRoewer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrott View Post
Do you have pics of DOA in unopened bag or did they die after you killed them?
I've had really good experience w/ QM and especially DD.
I always try to take a picture of the dead animal inside the bag if they arrived dead. But that doesn't work with shrimp and crabs that were shipped inside specimen containers. You will only be able to see if the inside is alive or dead after opening the bag and the container. And at other times they use those black sleeves that make I pretty much impossible to see what is going on inside the bag. So in many cases it is only possible to take pictures of DOAs after opening the bag.
I have had quite a few DOAs from both, QM and DD.
I'm not too shocked that it happens with the livestock shipped from QM, after all, it's a wholesale facility and anything there may just have arrived the day before.
But DOAs from DD are a different story as those animals should have been at their facility for at least two weeks and should have been conditioned well enough to endure another day in a bag. Some of the DOAs were the animals arrived I ice cold water were clearly due to miscalculating the number and size of ice-packs.
The cases where DD had shipped fragile shrimp and crabs inside plastic specimen containers with coral gravel pieces larger than the animals were the most mind boggling. That those shrimp and crabs could get harmed and killed was predictable. It clearly tells me that there is now staff with minimal training doing the packaging.
So don't accuse me and others here of cheating or making things up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 200 gal 4 tank system (40x28x24 + 40B + 40B sump tank + 20g refugium) + 30x18x18 mixed reef + 20g East Pacific biotop + 20g FW +...
ThRoewer is offline   Reply With Quote