View Single Post
Unread 04/28/2019, 10:18 AM   #9
Fiish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThRoewer View Post
Even without eating they can last for months by using up their reserves and atrophying their muscles. But ultimately they will succumb to starvation.
A store here has one for well over a month now and it hasn't taken a bite in all that time.

The issue might be that the majority of them come from Indonesia and at least in some places there they still use cyanide to catch certain fish, and the multibar angel seems to be one of them.
I know that LA at times uses force-feeding to get fish back to eating who refuse taking food. This often works, but won't help if the fish got liver damage from cyanide fishing.
This is one of the reasons why I so far have stayed clear of these fish.

I would only get them if I could find them from the Marshall Islands or another place where for sure cyanide is not in use.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
ThRoewer, thanks for your time in this post. That's right, I read a few months ago that these fish are caught in Indonesia under unfavorable measures, which made me think that my fish comes from there. I think it's likely to be able to get a fish from the Marshall Islands, but I only hope that this fish is not doomed to die.

Fiish is offline   Reply With Quote