jeff127
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
Sounds like a cool idea to me!
Cheers for your input Michael!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I have a long story, but to keep it short: I can tell you from experience that it takes some serious dedication. I've run 2 of these over the past 10 years. One is the reason I'm now retired.

Don't look at if other people would enjoy it. Look at if you have the time and dedication to do it. You're essentially doing it for yourself, and if other people like it, that's an added bonus. I've seen tons of friends do these over the years after they saw what I did. They started, did a couple episodes, didn't see the "results" they wanted to see, and gave up.

If you are going to do it, start small. One episode a month. Don't skip a month. Always put them out at the same time. Then if you see that you're enjoying it, go to twice a month. Always released on the same day, and time. Then move to once a week. Again, always on the same day and at the same time. Your audience will become use to seeing new episodes... if you forget one, you'll lose viewership.

It's fun in the beginning. When you have a huge audience it becomes a job. My week was planned out around my shooting schedule.

Monday, meet with video guys to talk about what the episode would be about. Storyboard the episode

Tuesday, show up to location to shoot B roll.

Wednesday, previous week's episode would launch at 2pm PST

Thursday, shoot A roll at new location.

Friday, Voiceovers.

I had a team of 3 video guys. Two with cameras, one for audio.

And that wasn't even my full time job.
Thanks so much for telling your story, Bonanza. I think what you've described is the best way to look at it, and having the structure you've described eg once a month at a regular schedule is a great starting place.

I'm certainly going to pursue this and shall post an update here in due course.

Thanks all

jeff127 is offline   Reply With Quote