View Single Post
Unread 03/18/2016, 01:46 PM   #44
MichaelW
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plyle02 View Post
Michael,
If it were me, I would test alk/ca/and mag the morning before you go online with the component system, then begin dosing. The next morning, the same time, I would again test alk. I would repeat this process every morning, increasing or decreasing the dosing amounts, based on your alk readings. Once you are at you're desired alk level, which should be 6.5-7.5 roughly, I would then confirm every morning for a week to ensure you are locked in. I say this because alk is the least forgiving parameter we test with regards to sps. I truly believe that once you lock in alk, you will likely be locked in on all the others. We have used this system at the shop I work at for 2 months now, it really holds all levels consistently, based on my test results there. I will soon be online with my home reef.
Regards,
Yes this is exactly what I was going to do (except test at night as I don't have time in morning) I was just looking for a rough estimate start amount so I'm the first day I don't drop a whole 1 dkh hrough not dosing enough. My alk now sits at 7.3 and that's where I want to keep it. I would actually probably prefers to over estimate my dose and see it rise to say 7.5 ( then I can just lower the dosage from there) than underside and have to worry about raising it up more with other products. I might start with 200ml of each to start and see where that takes me. I think from looking in Debora's thread she was dosing 250 ml of each.
I will have to look into getting more soon as it will be used up quick. Or I guess you can by the components seperatly and mix your own. I'm guessing it mixes up Exactly like the pre made product and probably works out cheaper?

MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote