View Single Post
Unread 01/17/2008, 08:52 PM   #23
WZHANG
Registered Member

Cam,
I was thinking of possibly running a DSB in a bucket type of set up. I just really don't want to deal with sand blowing around. I have a minijet with a prop jammed in it, hidden behind my rockwork and it would be too much flow too low to the bottom of the tank.

Nanocube-6,
Thanks for the encouragement!

Connorwynne,
I am noticing pods galore right now. There is all kind of life on the panes of glass and it looks kinda cruddy. I am torn between cleaning the glass, or letting them populate the tank for a while. there might be a little lazyness in the mix as well.

armagedon48,
I like the idea of a fish in the future maybe.

*UPDATES*
-I haven't been able to do much due to a new job. But I terminated myself today... oh well back on the job hunt.

-The skimmer box I made is working good, I need to get on and build a better version than my mock up. It is too bulky.

-I lost a mille that I got from Jason (faded1004). It had been upset because my powerhead got too close to it, triggering STN. I waited 4 days then fragged off the dead portion in hopes of saving the coral. The STN stopped for a while, then I had a pump issue recently. The pump issue re-stressed the coral and it didn't make it. None of the other SPS were affected or had any issues, including another frag from the same piece. I'm stoked that I still have a sister frag of it alive. I rescaped my tank because of it, I don't want my sps too close to the powerhead. I think it works better now because the sps get better flow.

Working on getting tank pics up and running soon as well.

I worked on some designs with Faded1004 that I hope he doesn't mind me sharing.. We are going to be trying to build the larger one (standard 30gallon tank.) We will be starting our own thread for it soon I think.

WZHANG is offline   Reply With Quote