View Single Post
Unread 06/10/2018, 12:21 AM   #4
mndfreeze
Invert Sexy Time!

Just like a lot of pets, behavior can vary a bit from individual to individual. Peacocks do explore more than a lot of other species and its possible she just doesn't feel fully comfortable yet. Do you offer live food around the tank for her to hunt on a regular basis?

For my ternatensis I would skewer feed squid, silversides, etc but I also kept the tank stocked with various sized and species of hermits and snails to act as a CUC and hunting prey when he wanted a snack. I'd also get him a feeder crab (usually a fiddler, which he LOVED to murder) every week or two.

I noticed having live prey in the tank doing its thing definitely increased the amount of time he spent out of his burrow. After a few months he got comfortable enough that when I was watching TV or playing video games in the living room he would come all the way out of his burrow and sit at the corner of the tank and watch me and the TV. The way the tank was situated he couldn't see the couch area from his burrow.

He also would chase a laser pointer for a bit.

Give it time, offer live food every now and then or if your tank can support it properly get some CUC stuff that you dont care about it becoming a snack.

*edit* I didn't see you offer emerald crabs. I don't see you doing anything wrong at all and I'd just give it time. It might just be your peacocks personality.

mndfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote