Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 08/16/2018, 09:18 AM   #138
Chasmodes
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
I got the fake root clear coated and silicone sealed, over the weekend. So the root project is done. Woo!

Next is getting the wave box placed and situated. Once that's done, I can build the fake wall to hide it, and the rest of the left end, flow-through wall. I guess it's time to buy some egg crate and pond foam. It should be a fairly straightforward project. Hiding the 'vents' in the wall could be challenging to get right. Plus I want it to blend into the back fake wall. If I get it right, it should look very cool and natural!

There will be very little rock on the bottom. Almost all sand. And seagrass. A few live rocks under the roots will host a small number of macros. In v1, the macros eventually took over. This time I want the grasses to dominate. I'm really liking the vision. Will I ever get there?
Awesome! I can't wait to see the progress. At some point, you'll post pics, right? Gotta document I'm sure you'll get there. Progress made...one step at a time.

--Kevin Wilson

Current Tank Info: 101g 3'X3'X18" Cubish Oyster Reef Blenny tank, 36"X17"X18" sump
Chasmodes is offline   Reply With Quote