View Single Post
Unread 08/01/2016, 02:13 PM   #62
tenurepro
Registered Member

Did a water change and epoxied all frags into hopefully their final place. Skimmer went nuts with all that much epoxy so took it off line for a bit.

Here is full tank shot

Coral list: left to right
Glass - xmas montipora cap... Epoxy and crazy glue got it on the glass but for how long?

Top shelf: acro tenuis, red planet, blueberry wine, bonsai, Cali blue tort, pink lemonade, blue voodoo
Middle - red acan, Ora purple cap (hope it grows out of the shadow of the Tonga) meteor shower, cold water acro, rainbow monti (stunning in person), green birdsnest, montipora digitata, green slimer, green birds nest
Bottom/sand: frutopia zoa, green torch, green hammer, pink flowerpot, open brain, purple torch, green flowerpot, 3 blue mushrooms.

I think I have space for one more acro top shelf between pink lemonade and blue voodoo... Trying to leave 3 inches for growth.

Still having some algae that I scrub every few days off rock, but it's only growing on new rocks, not old rocks from nano... Wondering if it's just the coralline preventing growth of GHA on old rocks? But maybe I need a bigger cuc?

Parameters are kinda stable: alk 11.8 dKh, CA 460 ppm, Mg 1400; dosing Redsea reef foundation A (9 ml a day) and B (60 ml a day)

Growth is good. Month old acros are almost fully encrusting plugs. Monti digitata is a total rock star!

July 3 '16

July 15 '16

August 1 2016

Green slimer looking pretty and starting to encrust plug

Fish looking good... Now that corals are in place - time to think about adding a few more reef safe fish that are not going to disturb the peace.i would love to get an azure damsel in a year or so once my acros have grown... It should hang around in the acros and not bug other fish... For now, thinking of leopard wrasse ? Any other suggestions on good reef safe and non aggressive wrasses ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenurepro is offline   Reply With Quote